Position Description & Responsibilities
The IT Manager will be involved with all aspects of daily operational and system maintenance of Vanda Pharmaceuticals Network and Server infrastructure and End User computer and phone system. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Information Technology.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide daily support for end-users in resolving computer related technical problems for local and remote users.
- Installation and configuration of SharePoint including patching and server maintenance.
- Installation, configuration and operation of Exchange server 2016.
- Installation and maintenance of VMWare VSphere environment
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Minimum of BS in computer systems or related discipline with 3-5 years of support experience in the field.
- 3+ years' experience with implementing and maintaining SharePoint 2010/2013 farms and services.
- Minimum of 3+ years of VMWare enterprise level experience. Experience planning and leading VMware migration, experience in configuring VMware clusters for ease of management, support of UNIX and Windows OS. experience supporting VMware disaster recovery solutions and experience using blade servers within a VMware environment familiarity with NSX and VIO is a plus
- 3-5 years' experience managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2016 including: Design, install, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, migration and upgrades of servers.
- Must have a solid background supporting Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot/diagnose issues as they come up.
- Storage and Cluster experience is a plus.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hirin
g, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected
status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: I6010
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities