Medical Science Liaison (Northwest)
Position Description & Responsibilities
Vanda is seeking a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) who will be responsible for furthering the medical community's scientific knowledge of Vanda's products by providing up-to-date medical information to local, regional and national External Experts (EEs), as well as disease state information to patient organizations. Responsibilities will also include: developing creative and innovative strategies for addressing the specific needs of key customers; serve as an avenue for EEs and other Health Care Professionals to provide feedback to Vanda on approved products and those in development; be the point of contact for EEs to propose additional research ideas and facilitate the appropriate presentation and publication of data generated from such studies; interacting with various patient organizations and advocacy groups to educate them about disease states relevant to Vanda's products.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain up-to-date scientific knowledge of Vanda compounds and the appropriate therapeutic areas by attending appropriate scientific meetings and utilizing literature searches and library research
- Coordinate and/or deliver effective educational slide presentations
- Effectively present data to identified managed care groups
- Work, as requested, with Account Managers to support account Medical Information needs
- Identify investigators and sites for company clinical studies
- Facilitate and support approved Investigator Initiated Studies
- Assist in preparation for identified professional and advocacy meetings
- Provide Medical Information booth and Disease State booth support for identified meetings
- Provide clinical training for new hires, and for ongoing needs
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Education: MD, PhD or PharmD required.
- Experience: At least 5 years of Clinical or Medical Affairs experience, with preferably at least 2 years as an MSL in a psychiatric therapeutic area (schizophrenia experience preferred).
- Travel: Position requires significant travel (up to 70%) by automobile and air.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and workload planning skills. Strong presentation skills. Track record of medical expertise. Ability to act independently and to take initiative as well as work within a team and form consensus. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: MA9003
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities