Director Trade & Distribution
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Director Trade & Distribution is responsible for the leadership and management of Vanda interactions with trade customers, including wholesalers and retailers. This encompasses the strategy development and tactical execution required to drive Vanda business priorities with key trade partners and corporate accounts for all Vanda products. This position reports to the Head of Commercial Operations.
- Manage the distribution of all Company products and coordinate the development of distribution strategies with senior management.
- Manage the communication of product related information to retail trade, specialty pharmacy and wholesalers.
- Negotiate favorable supply distribution agreements with distribution partners.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations for organization preparedness for Pedigree related legislation (federal and/or state).
- Partner with the manufacturing team in demand forecasting and pharmacy/wholesaler fulfillment throughout pre-launch and post-launch phases of product to ensure successful implementation of the trade/distribution strategy.
- Proactively manage supply risks including development of appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Develop inventory targets through each node of the distribution channel.
- Collaborate with other functional areas as appropriate (manufacturing, quality, regulatory, finance, legal, etc.) to address supply opportunities or challenges.
- Develop systems and tools to ensure the trade and distribution organization is positioned to support company objectives.
- 10+ years' experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Proven track record in Management with current contacts in the wholesale and trade channels
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical contracting processes and systems
- Working knowledge of contract language
- Strong project management skills and highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer service
- Proven leadership skills with ability to build credible and strong relationships
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: T1000
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities